Organized by Luxembourg Pride and in cooperation with the Ministry of Family Affairs as well as the Europe Direct Department of Uni.lu, a conference series on LGBTIQ+ activism in Europe will take place this year on 7 July 2022.
The conference series will start in the afternoon with three lectures. In the second part in the evening, we will present the art project "Amsterdam Rainbow Dress" and a short documentary film.
Afterwards, we will have a panel discussion with activists from Poland, Lithuania and Hungary about the situation of LGBTIQ+ people in the respective countries and their work on the ground.
Welcome Speech by Prof. Dr. Stéphane Pallage, Rector of the University of Luxembourg
"LGBTI? - Think about it!" - Lecture by Dr. Erik Schneider (Intersex & Transgender Luxembourg asbl)
"22 - The Project" and LGBTIQ+ activism today" - Interview with Fleur Pierets (Belgium)
"The Situation of LGBTIQ+ in Poland" - Lecture by Alicja Sienkiewicz (Poland)
- Anne Calteux – Representative of the European Commission in Luxembourg
- Andy Maar - Representative of Rosa Lëtzebuerg asbl
- Presentation of the Amsterdam Rainbow Dress + Q&A session
Panel Discussion | Moderation: Annick Goerens
- Alicja Sienkiewicz (Poland)
- Johanna Majercsik (Hungary)
- Monika Antanaityte (Lithuania)
- Marc Angel, MEP & Co-President of the LGBTI-Intergroup (Luxembourg)
- charte des droits fondamentaux de l'Union européenne | droits politiques